Part 4 finishes 1 Nephi chapter 20 covering verses 14-22 in which we discuss a very important part of scripture study – finding principles. We turn to Elder Richard G. Scott to learn what principles are and practice locating them. I know that studying this way can totally transform your scripture study!
I also wanted to mention that creating these videos is a work in progress!!! You’ll find that I get better and better at creating them. For example, I realized a few videos after this one that I needed to make a few seconds of pause in the video when I ask the viewer to pause (so that you aren’t flailing about trying to find the pause, or needing to rewind to find what you missed [rewind … ha ha! I am such a nineties girl! ;)] ). So, heads up for this one – the stops are very quick! I sincerely apologize, but promise, that if you bear with me, my methods will get better!
Topics that are found in this video:
- Scripture study tools
- finding principles in the scriptures
- marking similar words/phrases
- The Lord and His Prophets
- Leaving worldliness behind us
- Moses cleaves the rock
- No peace for the wicked
Scripture verses that we use in the video:
Videos Referenced in this Video:
- Acquiring Spiritual Knowledge, Elder Richard G. Scott, General Conference, October 1993
Media References (special thanks to):
- Moses cleaves the rock in the wilderness Old Testament Stories LDS.org
- Elder Richard G. Scott, LDS.org
- Ancient Remains in Babylon By Osama Sarm (Own work) [CC BY-SA 4.0 (http://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/4.0)%5D, via Wikimedia Commons
- Antonio Basolli’s stage set for the Meyerbeer’s opera Semiramide riconosciuta By Sitris/Antonio Basoli (Own work) [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
Please feel free to share your thoughts with me, either in the comments here or on YouTube. Thanks for your support!